Breakfast, it’s my favorite meal of the day! I’m always hungry when I wake up, and the promise of a good breakfast is enough to get me out of the bed. And while I love spending extra time in the morning to prepare waffles, pancakes, or green juices, when I’m busy I prefer a healthy breakfast that will take less than 10 minutes to make. You feel me?
After being featured in a round-up of “insanely easy” breakfast recipes for the Greatist, I was inspired to do a similar thing on my blog. Today on Sweet Potato Soul you’re going to see some crazy easy vegan breakfasts from a handful of wonderful bloggers. Hopefully you’ll find some ideas and inspiration in their morning meals. I know I did!
Chocolate Almond Butter Toast (photo at top)
By Traci York of Vanilla and Bean one of my newest favorites.
I especially love this recipe because it has chocolate in it, and chocolate for breakfast is always a good thing. This “butter” reminds me of my buckwheat crepes with chocolate sauce. Also, don’t miss her recipe for Avocado Roasted Asparagus Toast!
- ½ C Almond Butter (120g)
- ¼ C Raw Cacao (22g)
- ⅓ C Raw Pitted Date Pieces, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes, then
- drained (4 large pitted or 68g)
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Sliced Banana Pieces (about ½ a banana)
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 tsp Cocoa Nibs
- In a food processor bowl, add the almond butter, cacao, date pieces, salt
- and cinnamon.
- Process to a paste, stopping to scrape the bowl down several
- Place in a lidded container for storage.
- Store for up to two weeks in refrigerator.
- Toast a slice of your favorite bread.
- To assemble the toast, spread the chocolate almond butter on a slice of
- Cut banana into ⅛” slices and distribute on top of the toast.
- Drizzle maple syrup over top of toast then sprinkle hemp seeds and cocoa
- nibs over the top.
Berry-Easy Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup of spinach
- ½ cup of blueberries
- ½ cup of raspberries
- ½ cup coconut milk (a bit more if needed)
- Handful of shaved almonds as garnish
- Blend all ingredients (except almonds) together. Top with shaved almonds and enjoy!
- Optional Add Ons: ½ inch of ginger, golden raisins as garnish
Oatmeal with Flax & Chia
It often feels as though we’ve forgotten about good ol’ oatmeal. It’s a fantastic, warm, and hearty breakfast that any one can make. I’m grateful to Ayinde for sharing this oldie but goodie.
- flax meal
- chia seed
- Fresh strawberries
- Earth balance
- Maple syrup
- Make the oatmeal to your liking (or follow directions on the package).
- Add the flax, chia, strawberries, earth balance, and maple syrup to taste.
by Whitney Lauritsen of Eco Vegan Gal
I LOVE smoothies in the morning, and this one by Whitney is so easy to make. It’s also very easy to pour into a jar and take with you for a late-morning snack and healthy sweet treat.
- 1½ cup non-dairy milk (I use coconut milk)
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup nuts (I use walnuts)
- 2-3 dates*
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- optional: handful of kale
- optional: shredded coconut for garnish
- In a blender, combine all ingredients together until smooth and well combined. Pour into your favorite glass, top with coconut if using and enjoy!
by Haile Thomas of Teen Vegan
Fourteen year old Haile is a rockstar in the kitchen. She has a vegan cooking show on Youtube, and has been featured on both the Dr.Oz and Rachel Ray Show. She’s even been the guest of Michelle Obama at the 2013 State of the Union Address! Impressed?
- 2 cups vanilla coconut yogurt
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup shredded sweetned coconut
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats
- Heaping ½ cup sliced strawberries
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Whisk/mix together yogurt, orange juice, and almond milk until smooth.
- Add all other ingredients to the liquid mix and incorporate well. Let the mixture sit in a refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to allow the oats to soften. Enjoy!
Tahini Cinnamon Sweet Potato
by yours truly.
This is the insanely easy recipe I shared in that Greatist round-up that was the inspiration for today’s post. This combines 3 of my favorite ingredients, and is crazy easy to make when you’re really really in a hurry. Just make sure to have baked sweet potatoes in the fridge already.
- 1 baked sweet potato
- 2 tbsp tahini
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of sea salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, optional
- Cut your sweet potato open, and add the other ingredients.
- Bon appetit!
Do you have a crazy easy breakfast dish? Share share share below 🙂