People are always telling me how they’d love to go vegan, but they don’t have time to cook healthy balanced meals for themselves. Sure, it can take a lot of time to make a meal, but it can also take as little as 5 minutes. All it takes is a little foresight! These three easy vegan recipes take just 5 minutes to prepare because I’m using pre-washed and pre-cooked ingredients. For example: pre-washed arugula and spinach, pre-made guacamole, and frozen pre-cooked rice.
When you’re short on time, investing in pre-prepared ingredients can be a game changer!
As you’ll see in the video below, in the time it takes me to cook soba noodles I can whip up a pan of vegetables and tofu, then toss all of the ingredients together with flavorful sauces. 5 minutes…done!
If you’d rather not purchase pre-cooked or frozen ingredients, simply take an hour or two on your off day to prep ingredients for the week. Keep them stored in the refrigerator so that you can still put together these easy vegan recipes in 5 minutes.
- 1 10-oz pack frozen pre-cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked black beans (I used canned)
- 2 handfuls raw pre-washed spinach
- ½-1 cup corn salsa, or tomato salsa
- ½ cup fresh guacamole
- a handful of corn tortilla chips
- Follow the package instructions to warm the brown rice for 3 minutes.
- While the rice is heating, assemble the beans, spinach, and salsa in large bowls).
- Add the rice, then top the dish with guacamole and corn tortilla chips.
- 4 handfuls fresh pre-washed arugula
- ½ large cucumber, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 ripe tomato, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2-4 tablespoons red wine vinaigrette
- 1 pita, cut into triangles
- Toss the arugula, cucumber, tomato, chickpeas, and olives in a mixing bowl with the vinaigrette.
- Place in serving plates and serve with pita wedges.
- 2 bundles of soba noodles
- 2 cups of frozen veggies
- ½ package of extra-firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil, and cook the soba noodles for 4 minutes, or until tender.
- While the soba is cooking sauté the frozen veggies and tofu on medium heat. I didn't add any oil to the pan to do this because the frozen veggies add plenty of water the pan while they cook. Feel free to sauté in oil if you prefer.
- Cover and cook the veggies and tofu for about 4 minutes while the soba is cooking.
- Drain the soba noodles then toss them into the skillet with the veggies, and remove from the heat.
- Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil, and toss the noodles and veggies well.
- Season with more sauce to taste then serve.