It’s late, and I just got finished stuffing my face with raw Almonds. Almonds are delicious and nutritious, but I’m still thinking about the incredible Roasted Sweet Potato “Salad” with Chipotle Tahini Sauce that I made for dinner. It’s so very simple, yet so full of flavor, comfort, and soul.
Tahini Sauce and Chipotle are perfect together. Spicy and nutty. Plus, Lemon and Sweet Potato go very well together, especially with Tahini and Chipotle. Just throw some Fresh Mint in the mix, and you’ve got a dynamite dish.
This is one dish that I will continually make, and share with guests. Making the tahini sauce takes about 5 minutes. Just let the oven do most of the work, and voila!
- 2 medium Sweet Potatoes, scrubbed clean and cubed
- Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice (fresh lemon)
- ⅓ cup Tahini Paste
- ⅓ cup Water
- 1 Garlic Clove Minced
- ⅓ cup Red Onion, diced
- 1 Teaspoon Chipotle Sauce (Add more Chipotle sauce depending on taste, and how spicy you like it)
- ½ cup Fresh Mint Leaves, chopped
- Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil onto diced/cubed Sweet Potatoes, place on sheet pan/aluminum and roast at 425 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until cooked and browned.
- While potatoes are roasting make the Tahini Sauce by adding all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisking to combine. Set in refrigerator until the Sweet Potatoes are done, and ready to serve. The sauce will keep for a few of days!
- To serve, separate servings of the Potatoes, and pour about 2 Tablespoons of the Tahini Chipotle Sauce over potatoes. Add chopped mint ( I like a generous sprinkle).