This month we’re starting a new tradition on Sweet Potato Soul. We’re going celebrate seasonal ingredients with a monthly recipe series. How it will work is each month I’ll choose an ingredient, and each week I’ll share a recipe using that special ingredient. There will be savory recipes, and sweet, and whatever else the muse inspires. Speaking of muse, I got this idea from one of my best friends, Kristin Esposito of Mindful Muse. This girl is full of creativity. Thank you mamacita 🙂
For the first #ingredientofthemonth (if you can think of a better hashtag, please share) we’re celebrating corn! Corn is so amazing and versatile that I don’t think I’ll have any problems coming up with fun ways to use it. Actually I’ve already created a list of potential recipes using this ancient staple.
Today corn will have some summer fun with one of my favorite fruits, peaches, in this peach + corn crostini with white bean basil puree.
This recipe is super duper simple, unique, flavorful, and satisfying. I would serve this at brunch, as an afternoon snack, or as an appetizer for dinner. If you are avoiding bread, serve it over your favorite gluten free crackers, a romaine leaf, or a baked polenta square!! There’s actually a recipe for baked polenta squares in my 5 Ingredient Vegan cookbook.
Summer is rapidly coming to a close, so we better take advantage of all the stunning fresh produce available. What’s your favorite way to use corn?
Corn + Peach Crostini with White Bean Basil Puree
Corn + Peach Salad
- 1 ear corn kernels removed
- 3/4 cup peaches cubed about 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large basil leaves cut chiffonade
White Bean Puree
- 1 can cannellini beans about 2 cups
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 6 large basil chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp mellow miso
- 8 thin slices of ciabatta or another loaf, toasted
- Begin by preparing the corn and peach salad. Place all of the ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl, and stir well. Set aside.
- Place the ingredients for the white bean puree into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- To assemble the crostini, smear a layer of white bean puree (about 2-3 tbsp) onto a slice of toasted bread. Spoon the corn and peach salad over the top, and serve immediately.
MindfulMuse / August 15, 2014 at 1:47 pm /
Looks oh so yummy! I can’t wait to try this out. Thanks for the shout out – I’m always happy to brainstorm over your amazingly delicious meals! 🙂
Jenné @ Sweet Potato Soul / August 15, 2014 at 8:14 pm /
You’re my favorite brainstorming partner! xoxo