Want to start craving salad? Make these delicious vegan salads recipes. There is something for everyone on this list. I’ve even included some yummy and nutritious salads that have no lettuce or greens. These salads are perfect for everyday meals, side dishes, and for sharing at potlucks, holiday dinners, and cookouts. Let’s dig in!
My husband calls me the Salad Queen because when I make even the most basic salad, it is delicious! No wonder salad is my favorite meal group. I eat an entree sized salad everyday, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
To make banging vegan salads you need:
- Fresh ingredients. Whether it’s a leafy green salad, a pasta salad, or a fruit salad, the main ingredients should be fresh and vibrant.
- A delicious dressing. Dressing can be oil based or you can use a wholesome fat like avocado or tahini. The combination of acid, sweetness, and fat makes the best dressing.
- Just a little technique. For instance, kale should ALWAYS be massaged in the dressing before tossing with other ingredients.
What makes a salad?
My definition of a salad is a dish made in part with raw ingredients––like greens, lettuce, herbs––and served cold or room temperature. A salad can compliment an entree, or it can be the main attraction! Salads can be made with or without lettuce––I’m looking at you, potato salad––and with any type of dressing.
I love salads that are hearty, colorful, and full of flavor. Kale makes the perfect hearty salad base for layering on other greens––like arugula, romaine, or spinach. Of course, I also like to add other vegetables like roasted sweet potato, roasted cauliflower, steamed beets, shredded carrots or cabbage, artichoke hearts or even fruit. To make it even heartier I almost always add some type of bean or lentil, and a whole grain.
Salad combinations are endless! Once you learn how to make them, you’ll never tire of this wonderful food. Check out my post titled, How to Salad Amazing and Filling, for more salad making techniques.
Leafy Vegan Salads
- sunflower caesar salad with crispy chickpeas
- kimchi kale salad
- arugula sweet potato salad with grapefruit dressing
- massaged kale salad with roasted cauliflower
- maple mustard tempeh salad
- roasted beet & potato salad
- kale pecan pesto salad
- mango guacamole salad
- fig & arugula salad
Veggie-ful Vegan Salads
- roasted cauliflower & sweet potato salad
- 5 ingredient mediterranean salad
- peach panzanella
- vegan nicoise salad
- beet fennel salad
- cauliflower samosa salad
Pasta Salads (+ Noodles too)
- cold soba salad with vegan scallops
- beet soba noodle salad
- mediterranean pasta salad
- avocado pesto pasta salad
Virginia Andrews / January 29, 2022 at 10:28 am /
Thanks, Jenné, These look wonderful!
Kathleen Murphy / October 17, 2021 at 12:51 pm /
Wonderful recipes. Thank you!
Giftbasketworldwide / August 31, 2021 at 4:43 am /
Excellent!! Will try it for sure.
Vegan Recipes / June 4, 2021 at 8:08 am /
Really love your recipes! Great work!
Jenne / June 6, 2021 at 10:52 pm /
Bridget Davidson / May 25, 2021 at 9:35 pm /
Although my 2 yr old always goes for salad, my 4 yr old is inconsistent. I think your tips and tricks will help him learn to love salad the way he loves all of his other veggie heavy vegan dishes. I am going to work my way through these all summer!!! Thanks so much for sharing, Jenné! ❤️
Jenne / June 1, 2021 at 5:29 pm /
Awesome! That’s great that he is already loving other veggies. I’m trying to keep my daughter on the salad train too. She loves it now!
Mia / May 24, 2021 at 8:13 am /
Hi there. Love your recipes!! I love how healthy everything you make is and unbelievably delicious. The latest thing I’ve been making is your Beet Fennel Salad with the Lemon Vinegar Dressing. I’m hooked. Thank you for doing the Good Work.