This post is sponsored by Califia Farms, maker of fine (and super yummy) non-dairy milks, creamers, yogurts, and coffee drinks. I used the Califia Farms Oatmilk to make this Sweet Potato & Brussels Sprouts Gratin. The oat milk makes it creamy without the need to use cheese or cream. With just 3 ingredients and no gums or stabilizers, Califia Farms’ Oatmilk is my favorite!
I’m so pleased to introduce you to one of my new favorite recipes: Sweet Potato & Brussels Sprouts Gratin. She’s easy to make, nutritious, and tastes like comfort food. If you’re not careful you might just eat the whole pan––which wouldn’t be so bad. I plan on adding this wholesome dish to my weekly meal prep rotation. I especially love that it is a one-pan meal. Aside from the small mixing bowl that I used to mix the crunchy bread crumb topping, I only used a baking dish to cook it. This recipe is perfect for a one-pan meal prep!! Check out the video below to see me make this AND 2 other amazing one-pan recipes. Also, don’t miss this week’s downloadable meal prep guide that includes these recipes and a shopping list.
Having a baby brings new meaning to too-busy-to-cook. I totally understand how parents fall into the trap of feeding their kids store-bought frozen dinners, McDonalds, and takeout. After a long day of work, sleep deprivation (if you’re a new mom), and being a parent I find myself hangry and confused about what I should make for lunch and/or dinner. This is a daily struggle for me UNLESS I meal prep. Meal prepping at least once a week means that I can open my fridge and eat right away. It’s as simple as that.
But don’t expect me to meal prep for hours like I used to. Now it has to be quick. I’m really digging one-pan meals now because not only can I throw together a bunch of ingredients and let it cook at once, but it makes the clean up easier too.
This week’s meal prep includes 3 very delicious and nutritious one-pan meals, including this sweet potato & brussels sprouts gratin. Make these recipes during your meal prep day, and follow my meal prep guice to make a few other things (or buy them pre-made to make life even easier) like brown rice, lentils, and salad dressing. Each dish has about 4 servings, but all can be doubled or tripled if necessary. I actually recommend doing that because then you can freeze extras for later. Meal prep like the boss that you are!
Sweet Potato & Brussels Sprouts Gratin
- 1 lb brussels sprouts thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet potato thinly sliced (peeling optional)
- ½ cup Califia Farms unsweetened oat milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 ½. tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dark maple syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs or homemade bread crumbs
- ¾ cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place the sliced brussels sprouts and sweet potato in a baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oat milk, broth, mustard, nutritional yeast, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Stir well, then pour over the vegetables.
- In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, nuts, garlic, olive oil and salt. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture over the veggies then spread evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes, rotating the baking dish halfway through.