Hey kids! I’m sure you know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But I get it. Who has time to make a fancy meal first thing in the morning, in your dorm room, before class? Ain’t nobody got time for that! That’s okay, I’ve got you covered with some fast and filling back to school breakfast ideas 😉
Delicious instant pot teff porridge is a great back to school breakfast. It’s super fast to make and hands-off, meaning you can get your kids ready for the day while breakfast is cooking.
- ¾ cup teff grain
- 2 ¼ cup water
- ½ - 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup + more to taste
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- ¼ cup chopped dates raisins, chopped apricots, or any dried fruit
- Fresh fruit chopped
- In a sauce pan lightly toast the teff grains for about 30 seconds.
- Add the water, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer––medium-low heat––and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the teff has thickened stir in the non-dairy milk, and continue to simmer. Cook with the lid ajar for 10 minutes longer.
- Stir in the cinnamon and maple syrup. Add more to taste.
- Serve with chopped nuts, dried fruit, and fresh fruit.
one on on on on