- 3 tbsp grapeseed or canola oil
- ⅓ cup organic popcorn kernels
- 2 tbsp or more coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt or more to taste
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Heat the oil in your pot over medium high heat.
- Drop 3 popcorn kernels into the oil and cover the pan. After a minute or so the kernels will pop. Pour in the rest of the popcorn kernels, and make sure they're in an even layer.
- Cover the pot, and remove from the heat for 30 seconds. According to Elise from Simply Recipes "This method first heats the oil to the right temperature, then waiting 30 seconds brings all of the other kernels to a near-popping temperature so that when they are put back on the heat, they all pop at about the same time"
- Place the pot back on the stove on medium high heat, and the popcorn should start popping after a few seconds. When it starts popping rapidly, shake the pot over the heat and keep the lid ajar to allow steam to release.
- When the popping slows down, remove the pot from the heat, and immediately pour the popcorn into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the coconut oil over the popcorn and toss to coat. Do the same with the nutritional yeast and sea salt.