Looks good, right? Click here to PIN this meal prep for later.
Can you meal prep in 1 hour? I certainly think so. With the right technique, easy vegan recipes, and efficient order meal prep becomes easy. Put on the right music or podcast, and it even becomes fun! For this week’s fast vegan meal prep we’ve got a Moroccan-inspired Tagine and Maple Mustard Tempeh on the menu. I’ll give you ideas for mixing and matching all of the recipes so you won’t feel like you’re eating the same thing everyday.
I send out a free weekly meal prep guide to my newsletter subscribers every week, and many of them will tell you that meal prepping is the best way to maintain a healthy vegan or plant-based lifestyle. This week’s fast vegan meal prep is a great intro to meal prepping. I’ve included simple recipes that are delicious and filling. Depending on your household size and appetite you may need to double these recipes. Even if you are a household of one, you could double the recipes and freeze half of everything you make. I love being able to enjoy delicious food without having to cook!
Here are some more tips for pulling off a fast vegan meal prep:
- Measure all of your spices before beginning to cook a recipe. Since spices and aromatics go in first, they should be ready before you heat the pan.
- Multitask as much as possible. If a dish requires fresh herbs for the garnish, or greens to go in at the end of cooking, prep those while the recipe is cooking.
- Clean up as you go. That way you won’t have a mound of dirty dishes around you while you cook. A neat cooking space makes for more efficient cooking…at least for me it does.
- Use an Instant Pot as much as possible. I have two Instant Pots, and I love them because I can “set it and forget it”. While my beans, my grains, or my curry (for example) is cooking, I’m working on the rest of the meal prep. In general, I love gadgets that save me time in the kitchen.
- Invest in a food processor. If you aren’t a fast chopper, then a food processor can save you so much time with prep. With a food processor you can also make homemade hummus, pesto, vegan cheese, or healthy vegan desserts––all great additions to your weekly meal plan.
- If you are following my meal prep guides, I encourage you to cook in the order I’ve laid out on the PDF for maximum efficiency.
Check out the video below to see how I meal prep.
All of the recipes featured in this vegan meal prep have been featured on my blog before. Click here to open/download the PDF I’ve created. It also includes a shopping list. If you want to see the individual recipes on my blog, click the links in the recipe box below.
For more fast vegan meal prep guides make sure to sign up for my newsletter. I also have some here on the blog. And I have a YouTube vegan meal prep playlist! Enjoy 🙂
PIN this meal prep for later!
Fast Vegan Meal Prep | + Recipes & Shopping List
- Brown Rice
- Maple Mustard Tempeh
- Moroccan-Inspired Tagine
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Maple Mustard Tempeh Sandwich with avocado and arugula on sourdough
- Tagine bowl with the Moroccan-inspired tagine, roasted vegetables, and rice
- Massaged kale salad with Maple Mustard Tempeh, Roasted Veggies, and Quinoa.
- Whole wheat wraps with Tempeh, kale, and Roasted Veggies.
- Whole wheat wraps or pita with the Moroccan-inspired tagine, rice, and herbs
Alyssa / September 2, 2021 at 12:02 pm /
For the sandwich, can I use tofu instead of tempeh?
Giftbasketworldwide / August 19, 2021 at 4:48 am /
Very informative. Keep up the good efforts.
T / July 29, 2021 at 1:51 pm /
As a Student this was an absolute godsend! One of the most through meal prep plans I’ve seen, and without a massive over-reliance on soy as well as not being too expensive
Lisa / April 28, 2021 at 9:52 am /
I made the maple tempeh sandwich. This recipe was a hit again. I made the base recipes included in this plan; everything was good!!!! I cannot wait to try other recipes!!!
Jenne / May 3, 2021 at 4:12 pm /
Wonderful!! So happy you enjoyed 🙂
Lisa / April 26, 2021 at 10:21 pm /
*Hugs chest!!!!* The Moroccan-Inspired Tagine was soooooooo gooood!!!!! I have even tried the other combos yet. Lordt, I was tasting the tagine as the flavors were be layered, i was worried for a while. I thought I was doomed. I waited a bit and waited for the flavors and just ate some. Yum!!!! Bravo!!!!
Jenne / April 27, 2021 at 6:09 pm /
Yay!! I’m happy to hear you enjoyed it. I need to make this one again. Love it!