This is a bean salad for the ages. With its fresh and flavorful dressing, fragrant herbs, and brilliant texture, expect to add this to your summer rotation for years to come. I recently made it for a summer cookout, and it was a total hit! My mom made it for a boat party, and everyone demanded the recipe. So here it is, for all of those who’ve already fallen in love, and those who are about to 😉 My Summer Peach White Bean Salad!
A Peach Dressing
My favorite way to use up extra peaches is to turn them into a creamy sweet & savory dressing! I actually created this dressing recipe many years ago, and even featured it in my first cookbook. You know the carrot ginger dressing you get at Japanese restaurants? It’s kind of like that, only made with peaches!
You blend sweet ripe (even overripe) peaches with miso, apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and a couple more ingredients, and you get a richly textured and flavored dressing that works on bean salads, lettuce and greens, or as a dip for veggies––grilled, roasted, or raw!
The White Beans
For this peachy bean salad you’ll want to use tender, but not mushy, beans. I always use canellini, great northern, or navy beans for this. You could use black beans, red beans, or chickpeas too. But I like the color and texture of white beans best for this salad. Cook your beans yourself, or used canned. If you are cooking your own beans, be sure to not overcook them. The last thing you want is a mushy bean salad akin to a weird hummus. The beans should be firm to the touch, yet tender when you bite into them.
How I cook my beans in the Instant Pot
- Soak beans for 8 hours, overnight.
- Ratio of 4:1. Meaning about 8 cups of water for 1lb of beans.
- Pressure cook in the Instant Pot for 8 minutes on high pressure
- Allow pressure to release naturally
- Remove from heat and strain as soon as the pressure is released
What I love about this Peach White Bean Salad
Any recipe that gets tastier as leftovers gets extra points from me. Because the beans soak up more of the flavor on day two and three, this recipe is perfect for meal prep. If you are making it for a party or cookout, try making it the day before you serve it. If you do this, just be sure to add the fresh diced peaches, tomatoes, and herbs right before serving.
You’ll love how filling, delicious, and unique this bean salad is! Give it a try and leave a review and comment to let me know how you like it.
Peach White Bean Salad
- 7 cups cooked white beans about 4 cans drained and rinsed
- 3 ears corn grilled and cut from cob
- 4 ripe heirloom tomatoes diced
- 1 ripe peach diced
- 3 radishes thinly sliced
- ¼ medium red onion thinly sliced (about ¼ cup)
- ½ jalapeño pepper seeded and minced (optional)
- 1-2 cups variety of chopped fresh herbs basil, dill, mint, cilantro and/or parsley
Peach Miso Dressing:
- 1 ripe peach halved, pitted and diced
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 1/2 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Add the beans, tomatoes, peach, radish, onions and half of the herbs to a large mixing bowl or serving bowl (I used a dutch oven).
- To make your peach salad dressing, add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Season to taste with more salt and black pepper.
- Garnish the finished peach and white bean salad with the remaining chopped herbs, and serve.