This blog post for Energizing Coco Date Balls was sponsored by MegaFood®. I’m one of their blogger ambassadors. All thoughts and opinions are my own 🙂 Don’t miss my video featuring this recipe, plus a couple more amazing food processor recipes.
Just as quickly as I fell in love with energy bars, I quit buying them. Their appeal is certainly in their simple ingredients, delicious taste, and convenience, but they also happen to be incredibly easy to make. For the last 6 or 7 years I’ve been making my own (and saving money in the process). If you have a food processor, then you can make your own delicious date balls too!
To make these Coco Date balls I blended caramelly dates with toasted pecans, raw cacao powder, and uplifting MegaFood® Daily Energy Nutrient Booster Powder™, then rolled them in chunky shreds of coconut. All of these ingredients help to boost your energy, and keep you full thanks to plenty of fiber.*
The MegaFood® Daily Energy Nutrient Booster Powder™ is an unsweetened blend of FoodState® B12, Chromium, beet root, eleuthero root, ashwaganda, bacopa, and green tea. You’re probably familiar with B12 for its important role in maintaining proper neurological functioning and healthy formation of red blood cells.* Chromium, on the other hand, is a mineral that we don’t hear much about. It supports the body’s metabolic processes by regulating blood sugar and helping insulin transport glucose into cells, which in turn, gives you a boost of energy!* Eleuthero, ashwaganda, and bacopa are all herbs that have been used for thousands of years to help the body cope with stress.* My favorite way to use the Nutrient Booster Powder is in date balls like these. They add a nice flavor to the balls, and certainly helps support my energy throughout the day without stimulants like sugar or caffeine.*
- 10 pitted medjool dates
- ¾ cup toasted pecans (or other nuts)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp MegaFood® Daily Energy Nutrient Booster Powder™
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Place the dates and nuts into the food processor and blend until the mix looks grainy and sticks together. Be careful not to over-process.
- Form the batter into balls, and then roll each into the shredded coconut (pressing to make sure it sticks onto the balls).
- Serve right away, or refrigerate to firm up. Keep them stored in the fridge.
Check out my other recipes using my other favorite MegaFood® Nutrient Booster Powders:
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.