This blog post is sponsored by The Quaker Oats Company. I used their classic Old Fashioned Oats to make this delicious Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Mix. The ingredients are simple, and deliver lots of flavor. Enjoy!
Looks good, right? Click here to PIN this recipe for later.
I’ve been eating oatmeal every morning since I was a child. Sure, some days I’ll have something else––homefries, sweet potato pancakes, waffles, or breakfast enchiladas (yum!)––but most days call for good old fashioned oats. And I know I’m not alone in this breakfast habit.
In the summer months I like having the option of eating my oats hot or cold, savory or sweet, because oats can provide goodness any time of day! Whoever created the concept of overnight oats was a genius! But you can make overnight oats even easier by using a premade oatmeal blend like this apple cinnamon mix I created. Put it in the jar with your plant milk of choice, give it a stir, and enjoy your oatmeal in the morning. If you’d rather have it hot, simply cook this instant oatmeal in the microwave for 2 minutes, or stovetop for 8, and you’ve got a perfectly spiced oat blend. This recipe makes 16 servings. That’s 16 days of breakfast taking less than 5 minutes to prepare 🙂
I always add cinnamon, ground flax, and some softened dried fruit. It would be so much easier to make a large batch of the dried oatmeal blend so that I can scoop it out each morning for breakfast. Every second counts, and this saves me plenty of time. I warm it in the microwave, stir in oat milk or nut milk, and serve it along with fresh fruit.
The only thing better is that it takes only a few minutes to make this apple cinnamon blend! As a kid the apples & cinnamon flavored instant oatmeal packets from Quaker Oats were my favorite flavor. I also really loved peaches & cream flavor too. If you don’t have dried apples, feel free to swap them out with other dried fruit like peaches or strawberries. Since this recipe calls for dried fruit, you don’t have to worry about finding fresh fruit in season.
PIN this recipe to save it for later!
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Mix
- 8 cups Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 cups chopped dried apples
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- + add 1-1 1/2 cups unsweetened plant milk per serving
- In a large bowl combine the oats, dried apples, cinnamon, cloves, salt, flax seed, and coconut sugar. Stir well then transfer to a large enough airtight container.
- To serve hot: In a microwave safe bowl combine ½ cup (per serving) of the instant oatmeal mix with ¾ cups unsweetened plant milk or water. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir. Microwave another minute. Add more plant milk to thin, and serve with fruit, nuts, more plant-milk, and your other favorite toppings.
To make overnight oats:
- In a jar combine ½ cup (per serving) of the instant oatmeal mix with 1 cup plant milk. Stir well. Place the lid on the jar, and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. Enjoy in the morning with fruit, nuts, more plant-milk, and your other favorite toppings.
Rachel / October 9, 2022 at 12:42 pm /
Just double-checking that regular oats (not quick oats) are called for?
Betty / January 29, 2022 at 3:32 pm /
This sounds awesome! I’ve been really enjoying oatmeal for breakfast lately but switched from the flavored kind to organic and it needs some dressing up! My family and I went Vegan almost 2 weeks ago and your YouTube and Blog has been all that we’ve been eating! Your recipes are amazing! They’ve made the transition easy! I would have never believed it was so easy and delicious to leave animal products behind! Thanks so much for all the work you put into your videos and blog!
Beth / May 31, 2021 at 6:39 pm /
what would you think about adding freeze dried fruit to this? (instead of “regularly” dried)?
Jenne / June 1, 2021 at 5:27 pm /
I think that is a great idea!