I really love to eat and cook! But to be honest I don’t like spending a lot to time in the kitchen cooking for myself. I tend to munch on avocado toast (recipe below), quick and delicious salads, roast veggie dishes, Buddha bowls, and leftovers from my work as a vegan personal chef. For vegan snacks I love stove-top popcorn, fresh seasonal fruit, healthy cookies, green juices, and raw desserts. YUM!
Since I’m often asked, “Jenné, what do you eat everyday?”, I decided to make a video to show you. I hope you find it helpful, and that it gives you an honest glimpse into the eating habits of a healthy and happy vegan woman 🙂
This delicious Pickled Veggie Avocado Toast recipe was created by my friend Kristin of Mindful Muse. She and I eat very similarly, and when I visited her in Santa Monica earlier this year, we had a great time making toasts like this one. Actually, we made a variation of this every day!! Kristin says this avocado toast is, “Inspired by our farmer market outings and the Cali sunshine.” How lovely is that?! I can’t wait to visit her again. Until then, Avocado Toast will continue to be a staple of my daily vegan diet!
Now, of course I would love to know what YOU eat!! Please share in the comments below, and on social media using #sweetpotatosoul and @sweetpotatosoul
- 1 slice of freshly toasted sourdough
- ¼ avocado, smashed
- 1 pickled beet (I used beet horseradish)
- ¼ cup of pickled cucumber or ¼ cup of sauerkraut
- small handful of bitter greens (Kristin's favs are arugula and endive greens)
- a teaspoon of coconut oil
- a drizzle of tahini
- top with chopped dill and/or parsley, fresh pepper, salt and a sprinkle of black sesame seeds
- Top your toasted bread with the avocado and the rest of the ingredients.
- That's it. It's really so simple and easy!
- Enjoy 🙂