Avocado on the brain? Yes, I’ve been there. Avocado definitely makes it into my list of top 10 favorite foods; an honor I only give to the tastiest, healthiest, and most versatile culinary stars. Once you’ve picked out your perfect ripe avocado, what do you do with it? Of course there are millions of ways to use one, and in this video I’m going to show you 3 very simple vegan avocado recipes.
Avocado is so versatile. You can use it in desserts, breakfasts, smoothies, salads… the list goes on and on! These three recipes I’m going to share with you today are maybe some of the easiest you could make. Avocado is full of healthy fat and will help fill you up when you’re eating a meal that uses it.
Share your favorite avocado recipes below… 😘
This chickpea avocado mash is very similar to my chickpea tuna recipe. If you haven’t tried that already, I highly recommend it! It’s the perfect fish substitute for a yummy sandwich.
Chickpea Avocado Mash on Toast
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 tbsp green onion minced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill minced
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 tbsp ume vinegar
- 4 slices of sprouted bread toasted
- Mash ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, or pulse to combine in a food processor.
- Serve on toast.
Arugula + Spinach Avocado Salad
- 8 cups spinach & arugula mix or other salad greens
- 1 avocado chopped
- juice of 1/2-1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 peach sliced
- Place salad greens in a large bowl, and add the avocado, lemon juice, and sea salt.
- Massage with your hands to soften a little.
- Add the beans, and peach, and serve.
If you don’t want to drink this as a smoothie, freeze it for popsicles!
Pineapple Avocado Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- Place all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
Did you love these avocado recipes? Comment below and tell me which one was your favorite! Have more for me to try? Let me know that, too!