This recipe for Sweet Potato Bisque with crispy white beans is sponsored by ALDI. I’m so excited to help introduce the newest ALDI Finds available this holiday season. I used my favorites to create this delicious recipe, so keep scrolling for more!
As I write this, I’m sitting in the window of my mother’s house looking out at the beautiful autumn leaves and decorations. There’s nothing like the beautiful colors of the holiday season to inspire my cool weather menu. As the temperature continues to drop and the holidays quickly approach, I find myself craving creamy soups that warm me to the core. Butternut, beet, and cauliflower soups are high on my list of favorites, but this sweet potato bisque is at the top.
To make this sweet potato bisque without dairy I like to rely on the natural creaminess of white beans. The white beans not only lend a perfect creamy texture, they add body––fiber and protein––to the soup. Topped with crispy white beans, this sweet potato bisque is complete! The white beans are tossed with fresh rosemary, smoked paprika, and Priano Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil from ALDI, so they’re not only crunchy, they’re full of flavor. Serve with a salad and maybe a vegan grilled cheese sandwich for the perfect cool weather meal. This soup is also terrific for your holiday table, and ALDI has everything you need to make serving it a delight.
Now can we talk about these ALDI Finds? If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen my unboxing of the goodies from ALDI. Just like their high quality, yet affordable food, ALDI sells a variety of nearly 100 premium and affordable food, fashion, and household products. Of the goodies they sent me, I used the Crofton Mini Gold Cookware, Crofton Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls, Crofton Cheese Serving Board, and Priano Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil Gift Set to make and serve this recipe. Each item makes a great holiday gift for yourself or someone else. These ALDI Finds roll out to stores for a limited time only, so get there quickly!
I love how the sweet potato bisque looks served in this Crofton Mini Gold Cookware. You can even keep them warm in the oven before serving. Convenient and cute. I like that. Finish the soup off with a light drizzle of the Priano Tomato, Garlic, Basil, & Oregano Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the same we used for the crispy white beans. That hit of herbs sets the whole thing off!
Make this soup as soon as you can! The ingredients are so simple, so you probably have them on hand. I made it for my whole family (Baby J included), and it was a huge hit. Recipe below…
Sweet Potato Bisque with Crispy White Beans
Sweet Potato Bisque
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 2 medium-large sweet potatoes cubed
- 2 cups cannellini beans or one 14-oz can
- 3-4 cups water
- 1 tbsp vegetable bouillon base or 1 bouillon cube or 3 cups vegetable broth skip water if using broth
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
Crispy White Beans
- 1 14- oz can cannellini or navy beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Priano Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large heavy bottomed pot on medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and onion and sauté until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the sweet potatoes and beans, followed by the water and bouillon paste.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the black pepper and cayenne.
- If you have an immersion blender use it to puree the soup until silky smooth. If you do not have one, allow it to cool until you can transfer it to a blender to blend.
- Serve the bisque garnished with the crispy white beans and roasted sweet potatoes (optional).
- Preheat oven to 425°, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Skip this if you plan to use an air fryer.
- Place beans in a bowl, or directly onto the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the oil over the beans and toss.
- Then sprinkle the remaining ingredients over the beans and toss well to coat.
- Spread them evenly onto the baking sheet or into the air fryer, and roast for about 20 minutes, or until crispy. If using the air fryer, fry at 375° for 15 minutes.